Whether you’re looking for an easy-to-use 3D printer for your kids or if you’re a total tech nerd who needs a more professional printing option, we found some of the best sales on a variety of 3D printers this Christmas 2023!!
THE TOP 3 3D PRINTERS ON SALE
Behold the marvel that is the 3D printer – not just a gadget, but a gateway to uncharted realms of creativity. From awe-inspiring architectural models to dazzling designer jewelry, cheeky chess sets to handy household parts, the only limit is your wild imagination! Ready to sculpt your dreams into solid reality? Let’s lift the curtain and discover the show-stopping lineup of the best 3D printers, many of which are at all-time-low prices during the Christmas and After-Christmas sale event!
YOUR 3D PRINTER DEALS GUIDE:
We are definitely not tech experts around here, especially when it comes to 3D printing. In fact, it’s a bit over our head. We are, however, experts when it comes to the latest deals and sales (we’ve been writing about that for more than 10 years). So we consulted the actual genius tech experts at The Wirecutter, Popular Science, and Tech Radar to learn more about the different types of 3D printers and have done our best to interpret all the different types and list them out so that us beginners can make a decently informed decision on which one we actually need (and can actually use!).
Check out some of the different types of 3D printers, followed by the ones that we found are currently on sale. We’re all in this together!
- Fused Deposition Modeling (FDM): Picture a tiny, robot-controlled hot glue gun squirting out plastic like spaghetti, building a 3D object layer by layer. That’s FDM, the fun, no-frills 3D printer you’ll often see in schools and homes!
- Stereolithography (SLA): Imagine a mini lightshow at a pool party where the light is solidifying a pool of gooey resin into a cool 3D object. Yes, that’s SLA, the elegant and precise cousin in the 3D family, known for creating smooth, detailed pieces.
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS): This one’s like a magician, waving a laser wand over a box of powder and – voila! – a 3D object appears! SLS is the wizard of the 3D printing world, a maestro at making complex and robust objects out of nothing but powder.
- Digital Light Processing (DLP): DLP is a cousin of SLA, but instead of a pinpoint light-show, it’s more of a rave with a projector flashing over the whole dance-floor (pool of resin) at once. It’s a speedy show-off, great for crafting larger models quickly!
- Selective Laser Melting (SLM) & Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS): These two are like bakers in a magical kitchen, using a laser to melt metal powder into deliciously solid 3D creations. SLM and DMLS are the heavy lifters of the group, producing strong and sturdy metal parts.
- PolyJet 3D Printing: Imagine a regular printer, but instead of printing flat words on a page, it prints real 3D things! PolyJet printers are the chameleons of this zoo, able to print in multiple colors and materials at once.
Ok, so now maybe we all understand the different types, which are for beginners for at-home use and which are more for the pros. Now, let’s dive into all the best deals this Christmas 2023!! Let’s print some fun!