It’s always a good time to upgrade to a down comforter especially with these awesome sales and deals this Christmas 2023!!
THE TOP 3 DOWN COMFORTERS ON SALE
If you’re like us, every 5 years or so you feel the need to upgrade your down comforter. We end up losing a ton of feathers over the years, it gets pretty flat, and basically just less comfy. You used to have to spend a ton in order to achieve high-quality, but those days are officially over thanks to the Christmas and After-Christmas sale event!
YOUR DOWN COMFORTER DEALS GUIDE:
We don’t want to make this complicated, but there actually are a bunch of different options when it comes to down comforters and we’re not just talking about the fill count. Check out some of the more popular options, followed by all the sales and deals we discovered today!
- Goose Down Comforters: Goose down is often used in luxury comforters because of its larger, stronger clusters compared to duck down. These clusters provide excellent insulation, making them really nice and warm.
- Duck Down Comforters: Duck down comforters are generally less expensive than goose down versions. While duck down clusters are smaller, they still provide good warmth and are a more budget-friendly down option.
- Baffle Box Down Comforters: These comforters feature a baffle box construction, a design that uses fabric walls to create boxes that hold the down in place. This allows the down to loft fully for maximum warmth and prevents it from shifting, ensuring even distribution of warmth.
- Sewn-Through Down Comforters: In these comforters, the top and bottom layers of fabric are sewn together to create pockets of down. While this keeps the down from shifting, it doesn’t allow as much room for the down to expand and loft, so these comforters are often less warm than baffle box versions.
- Hypoallergenic Down Comforters: For those with allergies, hypoallergenic down comforters are made with down that has been thoroughly cleaned to remove dust and allergens, or with down alternatives that mimic the feel of down.
When choosing a down comforter, consider the type of down, the fill power (which indicates the comforter’s warmth and quality), the construction, and whether the comforter is hypoallergenic. Other factors to consider include the cover material and the comforter’s care requirements.
One of the best times to score a deal on your favorite comforter is typically in January. This is usually because with the start of the new year many people are, not only, upgrading their lives, but their homes too. A lot of time retailers start slashing prices to make room newer items and, believe it or not, gear up for the spring. But the truth is no matter when the best time to purchase one is, right now is the perfect time because, well, you need it now!
We’ve researched some of the best-of-the-best down comforters (including some alternative down options) and found those that were on sale this Christmas 2023!!