Constantly named as one of the best and most affordable sheet sets you can buy online, I decided to test drive the official Mellanni 1800 Microfiber sheets to see if they truly lived up to the hype, what they’re really all about, some pros, cons and, finally, are they worth investing in.
THE MELLANNI SHEETS REVIEW
If you’re looking for affordable, high-quality bed sheets that offer ultimate comfort at a killer price, you may to take a look at the Mellanni 1800 Collection.
These famous sheets are made of silky-soft microfiber material that feels like a dream against your skin night after night, making it perfect for a peaceful night’s sleep.
They’re currently available in a wide range of colors – more than 40 colors and patterns to choose from – and sizes. So you can really choose the perfect match for your bedroom decor.
What’s really a plus for this brand and these specific sheets is that the fitted sheet has really deep pockets, that’ll fit mattresses up to 16 inches, so you won’t have to worry about your sheets slipping or bunching up – which happens with so many of my sheets all the time.
- Because these sheets are microfiber based, there actually isn’t a thread-count.
COLOR & PATTERNS
- At the time of this review you can currently choose from 45 different colors and patterns, with black, white, and navy blue being some of their most popular.
- Overall, prices for the Mellanni sheets range from $35 – $50 for a complete set.
- Prices vary based on size (as small as twin and as large as a split-king)
WHAT ARE THE MELLANNI SHEETS MADE OUT OF
The specific 1800 Collection from Mellanni is made out of 100% polyester microfiber material.
A lot of folks (self-included) love microfiber as a material because it’s a synthetic fiber that is finer than silk, is so soft and extremely durable.
The microfiber material used in this bed sheet is known for its silky-soft feel, making it a comfortable choice for a good night’s sleep. Additionally, microfiber is generally easy to care for, as it is machine washable and tends to dry quickly.
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU WASH THEM?
I consulted with a handful of cleaning, medical, and bedding experts to answer this question in the past and the surprising answer is that these sheets should be washed once per week.
If you suffer from allergies (either year round or even seasonal) it’s recommended to wash them twice per week, which can definitely sound like a lot – and it is – but is worth it.
THE PROS & CONS
WHAT I LOVE
- Silky-soft feel provides a luxurious sleeping experience.
- Deep pockets fit mattresses up to 16 inches without slipping or bunching up.
- Made of durable microfiber material that holds up well after multiple washings.
- Quick-drying and easy to care for.
- Hypoallergenic, making it a good option for those with allergies.
JUST A HEADS-UP
- Microfiber material may not be as breathable as natural fibers, leading to heat retention and discomfort for some users.
- Some users have reported pilling or snagging after using for a while.
- May wrinkle easily if not removed right away from the dryer.
IF YOU LIKE MELLANNI, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Hotel Luxury Reserve Collection
Zen Bamboo Luxury Bed Sheets
Beckham Luxury Linens
MELLANNI PRICE BY SIZE
While prices can always change, at the time I wrote this review I broke down the most popular sheet sizes so you can see what to expect price-wise.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Overall, I’m really happy with these sheets and actually now believe the hype. I’ve had them for 6-months and have washed them 6 times (don’t judge). They’re still as comfy at month 6 as they were on night one. They are pretty wrinkly once I take them out of the dryer but, honestly, that doesn’t really bother me.
For me, the biggest thing is the price. I’m shocked I can get such comfy sheets (queen size) for under $40, which is pretty unheard of.
If you’re in the market for a new set of sheets and want something that feels great, comes in a ton of colors, stands up to the washing machine, and is pretty cheap – I really think you should check out these Mellanni sheets.