Always an expensive choice, I wanted to take a moment to review Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille because I’ve read some reviews that claim that it’s not worth the money and the scent doesn’t last long. I’ve owned this one for 3 years (so far) so I want to tell you all about the good, the bad, and other important things to help you make an informed decision for yourself.
Table of Contents
Tom Ford Vanille Tobacco cologne is truly like a warm, cozy hug from your favorite person (or even Olaf!). It’s the kind of scent that makes you feel instantly more confident and sophisticated and, well, like a man’s man. Not that that should even be a thing.
The vanilla and tobacco notes are perfectly balanced, creating a rich and creamy aroma that’s just plain old amazing. You’ll catch whiffs of vanilla bean, tonka bean, and cocoa that will make your mouth water. And the tobacco adds just the right amount of smokiness and depth to the cologne itself.
Let’s get a bit more into the notes of the fragrance.
If I could describe Tobacco Vanille in just two words it would be: bold and sophisticated. But when it comes to the various notes, you may be a bit surprised on what it’s comprised of.
- The top notes of Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille are characterized by warm and spicy accents.
- They include fragrances such as tobacco leaf, spicy notes of ginger, and a hint of sweet coriander.
- The middle or “heart” notes contain the rich and warm scents of tonka bean, vanilla, and cocoa.
- Thse blend together to create a creamy, dessert-like aroma.
- The base notes are a combination of woody and musky scents, including sandalwood, cedarwood, and amber
- Combined, these provide a warm and sensual finish to the cologne.
WHAT DOES TOBACCO VANILLE REALLY SMELL LIKE
I always want to really try to convey what a cologne smells like, especially one this good that I truly love. The notes is one thing (all listed above) that hopefully give you a sense of what it will smell like overall.
However, if I had to describe Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille with some real life examples to try and paint a picture, I’d describe it as:
HOW LONG DOES IT LAST
This is basically why I decided to write a review of this specific cologne. So many reviews I’ve read on sites like Sephora and even Nordstrom had customers stating that Tobacco Vanille only lasted for 45 minutes. I knew this wasn’t sure, so what to share my experience.
Overall it has a longevity of around 8-10 hours on the skin. However, this can vary depending on individual skin chemistry, application method, and even climate.
The one thing I have noticed is that I may not smell it on me for 8 hours, but others seem to. More on this below.
TOBACCO VANILLE SILLAGE LEVEL
In terms of sillage, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille has a moderate to strong sillage level, with a score of around 8 or 9 on a scale of 1-10. This means that it will leave a noticeable scent trail in its wake, but it’s not so overpowering that it will fill an entire room. It’s the perfect balance between being noticeable and inviting, without being too overpowering. You know the type.
THE PROS & CONS
WHAT WE LOVE
- It really is a luxurious and sophisticated cologne and makes you feel that way when you spray it on.
- So warm and inviting, perfect for colder months – although you can always wear it all year round if you wish.
- It’s long-lasting especially when comparing to other similar colognes.
- Perfect balance of sweet and spicy notes all in one.
JUST A HEADS-UP
- Expensive price point – like with all Tom Ford colognes.
- May be too strong for those who prefer lighter fragrances, especially in warmer months.
- It you’re not into that tobacco or vanill scent, this one probably isn’t for you.
- Not as versatile as some other fragrances in the Tom Ford line-up.
IF YOU LIKE TOBACCO VANILLE, YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Maison Francis Kurkdjian
Le Labo Santal 33
Kilian Back to Black
Thierry Mugler Pure Havane
TOM FORD TOBACCO VCANILLE PRICE COMPARISON
For this price comparison, I specifically chose the 1 ounce bottle as it’s the cheapest (go figure). The largest size I’ve seen is 3.4 ounces.
THE BOTTOM LINE
Overall, Tom Ford Vanille Tobacco truly is a luxurious and addictive fragrance that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for something bold and sophisticated. It’s like a warm embrace in a bottle, and you won’t be able to get enough of it.
Trendsicle has officially named them as one of the best colognes of the year on our annual list.
It’s definitely on the more expensive side, but if you can swing it, I say go for it!